Saturday 14 September 2013

I want to be punished no more, daddy.



Slap!
What wrong have I done, daddy?
Slap!
Why? Why do you hit me daddy?
A bottle clanks,
glass shatters
I see a shred in your hands.
My skin is ripped open
Don’t daddy, it hurts!
Someone yells
something loud
Your voice sounds like a monster daddy.
Something warm and soft hits me
the food I cooked for you
Do you not like it, daddy?
You kick me
I hold on
mommy will be home soon,
and she will tend to me again.
She will make me promise
to speak of this to no one.
I do that daddy because I love you.
Thump!
The door bangs as you walk out
I know where you are going
When will you ever stop drinking daddy?
I want to be punished no more.

1 comment:

  1. Manisha, what a sad scenario! I don't understand why do people drink when they don't have stomach to digest it :-(

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment? You are awesome!
Or you could just say hi! You are still awesome!

#social-icons { margin-bottom:-30px; height:50px; width:100%; clear:both; z-index: 2; position: relative; } .social-media-icons { display:table } .social-media-icons ul { text-align:right; padding:5px 5px 0 0 list-style-image:none; list-style-position:outside; list-style-type:none; } .social-media-icons ul { margin-bottom:0; padding:0; float:right; } .social-media-icons li.media_icon { margin-left:6px; padding-left:0 !important; background:none !important; display:inline; float:left; } .social-media-icons li:hover { -moz-transform: rotate(360deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(360deg); -o-transform: rotate(360deg); transform: rotate(-360deg); -moz-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; }