Wednesday 13 June 2012

Divinity





It was a few days back, when the night sky looked fresh from the first monsoon showers. Even the high city lights could not put out the darkness that enveloped the vast endless blanket like sky. As I stood there watching the phantom depth a memory clambered its way up to the surface, a memory associated  to the past when I was very little.
   My mother had ushered me into a temple, all the time telling me about the might and significance of God. She steered me until I was facing the idol, which then looked like a big glittery doll to me. Flowers and jewels of all shade adorned the idol, making me remember the phrase “color color which color do you choose?”
My mother had whispered to me “that is God. Ask her anything you want and you will get it”
     I remember vividly the awe with what I stood there, transfixed by the idea of a statue fulfilling my wishes. The jeweled eyes, which stared back at me made me, want to reach out and touch the magic rock that made the magic doll.
      It was with the same wonderment that I stood in the present, staring at the black night sky. This was magic, I thought, as I gazed into the deepness of the darkness, jeweled by the stars.

Oh Goddess of Night, now you have come,
to grace us with your song.
Singing the song of gods,
doing the dance of cosmos
drawing man into your embrace
in which he gets lost, spellbound by your divinity.

2 comments:

Leaving a comment? You are awesome!
Or you could just say hi! You are still awesome!

#social-icons { margin-bottom:-30px; height:50px; width:100%; clear:both; z-index: 2; position: relative; } .social-media-icons { display:table } .social-media-icons ul { text-align:right; padding:5px 5px 0 0 list-style-image:none; list-style-position:outside; list-style-type:none; } .social-media-icons ul { margin-bottom:0; padding:0; float:right; } .social-media-icons li.media_icon { margin-left:6px; padding-left:0 !important; background:none !important; display:inline; float:left; } .social-media-icons li:hover { -moz-transform: rotate(360deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(360deg); -o-transform: rotate(360deg); transform: rotate(-360deg); -moz-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; }